Monday, July 16, 2012

Mattese Elite Cosmetics Haul & Review!


So thanks to one of my favorite bloggers: Nouveau Cheap...she mentioned that this set was $10 and it retails for $61! At first, I was a little skeptic because I've never heard of Mattese Elite Cosmetics before. So as always, I did a TON of research on it. From what I read, it's a cosmetic line sold in a beauty shop called Rickys NYC that's based in New York. Luckily they had a great rep of having some awesome products. So since I saw that the website was offering free shipping for the weekend, I said why not check it out!


Here is the set from the picture above. It includes a black mesh makeup bag, Lip Liner Pencil, Lip Gloss, Blush, and 2 Eye shadows. I also purchased 2 lipsticks I had to try out thanks to all the amazing reviews about them! ...and doesn't the packaging kind of remind you of MAC? ;)



Let's start with the Blush and 2 Eye shadows:
Swatched left to right: 
Smooth N' Wear Blush in "Nudity" (Heavy swatch & blended out)
Luminous Pearl Effect Eye shadow in "Emerald"
Long Wear Matte Eye Shadow in "Dark Alley"

Now for the lip products:

Swatched left to right: 
Rich Emollient Lipstick in "Bi" & "Ecstasy"
Moisturizing Wand Lip Gloss in "All The Way"
Lip Liner Pencil in "Henna"

Typically I wouldn't really pick out the shades that the lip gloss and lip liner came in. The lip gloss is a dark plum and the lip liner is also a dark plum but almost dark brown. As for the lipsticks, those just scream my name! They are gorgeous and they smell DEAD ON like MAC lipsticks! (Which are my fav). The finish to them are like an amplified finish by MAC. Very moisturizing and leaves a nice glossy texture on your lips. I'm in love! Not to mention the packaging is adorable. They are a little shorter then a MAC lipstick and all the packaging has the NARS feel to them. (velvety matte). Very nice! It's also very lightweight too. Even though the lip gloss and lip liner isn't exactly my choice of colors, they work great and are very pigmented. I tried on the gloss and it wasn't sticky and it felt nice on the lips. It also smells yummy! I like that it has a brush applicator as well.

So just when you thought that was it.....I also read reviews on their nail polishes, and had to get some too! I was a good girl and only got the mini's to try out ;) hehe. These are a great size for mini's and just a little heads up on the names, they are a bit risque. I find it rather cute ;)


***ONE COAT ONLY***
Swatched left to right: Perky Pink, Turks Blue, Factory Girl, Burning Red, Pink All Over Me, Smoking Hot, Sweet & Pink Inside, Explosive, She's All That, Cosmic Blue, Dirty Slut, Only The Pinky, Creaming My Purple, Pretty Pink, Grenadine Cocktail, Temper Tantrum 

This line is amazing. You should definitely check them out, especially RIGHT NOW since they still have these for the same prices I got them for! It's a steal for such great products! 

So here are the prices for you guys that you can get them for as of right now:
Exclusive Mattese Elite Makeup Gift Set - $61 now $10
 Rich Emollient Lipsticks - $10 now $5
Mattese Elite Mini Nail Polishes - $3.99 now $0.99 (or they have the full size for buy one, get one at $5.99 each!

Link Here:

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's what I said when I heard about it! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yup. Especially for the quality! Score! :D

      Delete
  3. I'm a new follower of yours, I found you on Beautylish and I love your blog so far!
    Great haul and so cheap! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chrissy! Thanks hun :) I love your blog too!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colors checkout my blog at
    http://definingwords.blogspot.com/2013/02/jump-out-of-plane.html
    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete