Sunday, January 1, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes

These were too interesting to pass up...


I picked out colors I didn't have in my collection because the last thing I need is another blush with the same color but just with a different consistency. At first when I heard about these, I was thinking it was going to be like a "little kid" type of product because of the whole "bouncy" name, but after I looked more into it, I had to check them out. I tend to gravitate towards products with cute names or packaging so it's no surprise, lol.


Swatched left to right: Orchid Hush, Peach Satin, Plum Wine

 Thankfully these are nicely pigmented. The feel of them is very strange. It's like one of those foam pillows, when you press on them it leaves an imprint sorta thing, lol. I'm sure you get what I'm saying :-P These cosmetic lines are coming out with crazy stuff lately and they're surprisingly good! I would recommend these since they have good color payoff and it's something cute to have. If your curious about the application, I used a semi-stiff stipple brush to apply them. You can use your fingers also. I haven't tried a normal blush brush but I think it would work better with something a little more dense. 

*Retails for $6-8 at various drugstores*

7 comments:

  1. So is it more of a sponge with liquid or cream blush or is the actual product that consistency? I saw theses in a magazine I was curious. Thanks for the review:]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! It's like a sponge/mousse consistency...like a thick mousse. lol so hard to explain. You should at least try one, they're so neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen these yet, but I think it would be worth trying!

    www.feelingorgeous.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ur blog <3 plz check mine out and add if u like it :) follow me ill follow you
    kissandblushmakeuptm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these the other day and I was so tempted to get them but now looking at your swatches it's a must! great post, I'm following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bridget! Thanks for following love! I will def check out your blog too & I'm glad you liked the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiss and blush makeup, I followed hun :)

    ReplyDelete